Board Certified in Taxation, Florida Bar, 1985
LL.M., Estate Planning, University of Miami
School of Law, 1980
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1979
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1975
B.S. Accounting, University of Central Florida, 1973
Office: (407) 255-2055, ext. 103
Toll-free: (855) WP-GROUP
Ivan M. LefkowitzAsset Protection, Corporate and Business Law, Taxation, and Estate Planning
Ivan Lefkowitz is a Florida attorney practicing in the areas of asset protection, corporate and business law, taxation, and estate planning. Ivan has practiced since 1979, representing individuals and closely held businesses, including basic to highly sophisticated estate planning arrangements, private foundations, business entity design, employee benefits and federal tax planning. He is a frequent lecturer on issues involving business, estate planning, and asset protection planning. Ivan is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been regularly listed over the years as one of the Top Attorneys in Florida (as sponsored by SuperLawyers.com).
Over the years, Ivan has been active in many professional and service organizations. He has served as President and as an Executive Board Member of the Employee Benefits Council of Central Florida, Inc.; President and Executive Board Member of the Central Florida Chapter of the National Kidney Foundation of Florida, Inc.; Treasurer and Board Member of the Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Center of Central Florida, Inc.; and as a Board Member of the University of Central Florida Foundation and chairman of the Stewardship Committee. Ivan has also served in various capacities in other community organizations. He has been honored by the University of Central Florida Foundation, Inc. for his many years of service and support of UCF, as a member of the President’s Trust Society, the President’s Medallion Society, and as a member of the Hall of Fame of the UCF College of Business Administration. He is a recipient of the UCF Alumni Service Award, and also served on the Dean’s Advisory Board of the College of Business Administration.
Finally, Ivan served on the Board of the Foundation for Orange County Public Schools, Inc., where he helped expand the Finance Committee to become an integral part of the fundraising and financial management arm of the entity. He also received the Partners in Education Award for his support in creating the hunger and clothing program at Fern Creek Elementary School, called “Healing Hunger Now.” He received the Healing Hunger Now Champion Award in connection with Evans Community School food program, and the George Wolly Community Leadership Award for Jewish Family Services of Greater Orlando, Inc.
In 1973, Ivan earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from the University of Central Florida. He became a Certified Public Accountant in 1975, and practiced several years before attending law school. He graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law with a Juris Doctor in 1979. In 1980, Ivan earned his Masters of Law Degree in Estate Planning. He has been Board Certified in Taxation by the Florida Bar from 1985 to 2015.
- Admitted to the Florida Bar and continues to be a member of the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Sections and Tax Section. 1979
- Admitted to practice in U.S. Tax Court and U.S. District Court., 1980
- Employee Benefits Council – Past President and Board Member
- Central Florida Estate Planning Council
- University of Central Florida Foundation; Board Member for 8 years and Member of Stewardship Committee.
- University of Central Florida Dean’s Executive Council for the College of Business Administration; Member for 10 years.
- Foundation for Orange County Public Schools; Board Member, and Member of Finance Committee.
- National Kidney Foundation of Central Florida; Past President and Board Member.
- 2001 — Inducted into University of Central Florida College of Business Hall of Fame.
- 2007 — Honored by the University of Central Florida Alumni Association as the 2007 recipient of the Distinguished Alumnus Award for Service to University of Central Florida.
- Since 2008, Mr. Lefkowitz has been annually recognized as a “Florida Super Lawyer”.
- 2012 Honored by Jewish Family Service of Central Florida with its Community Service Award of the year.
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- From 2011 to the present time, Mr. Lefkowitz has been involved in creating and funding Healing Hunger Now, food programs for the underserved students of Orange County.
- Mr. Lefkowitz has sponsored scholarships for MBA students at University of Central Florida College of Business and funded a conference room at the college.